AVCC Committee Meeting Minutes, 14 Jan 2017

Minutes of the meeting held on 14th Jan at 6.00pm.

Present: Simon Campbell (SC), Peter Williams (PW), Greg Caswell (GC), Angus Harley (AH), Nigel Wookey (NW), Bruce Carter (BC), Graham Newland (GN), Tim Gent (TG).

ACTION

1. Membership

a. Payment better, ultimately no players who played were in arrears.

b. Expansion. Younger Ctte members to drive younger players.

 

 

 

SC/AH

2. Treasurer Report

 

a. £1.7k balance as at 14 Jan 17.

b. Barn dance profit c£600-700.

 

 

 

PW

3. Fixtures

 

a. 1st fixture is 3 May away.

b. Overall 18 Sun & 13 midweek fixtures

c. First home game 24 May. New fixture against Huddersfield YMCA in Sep.

 

 

 

 

4. Website

 

a. Requested that the website is refreshed and enhanced social media potentially put to use.

b. Newer pictures and use of WhatApp?

 

 

 

PW

5. Pitch

 

a. NW will continue to maintain outfield, but need wicket grounds cover.

b. Pitch sub-ctte needed & need overall supervisor.

c. Preparation critical from 1 May, rolling initially.

 

 

 

 

 

TG/GC

6. Fund Raising for Net and Covers

a. Funds - PAB, Sport England, GN to completely review options.Additional member subs?

b. Net discussion, estimate £15k, construction detail - concrete, type of matting, before/during this season?

c. Net sub ctte needed.

d. Events sub ctte needed.

GN

 

 

 

GN, TG

SC to advise

7. Insurance

 

a. Need to buy chain lock for roller and specific padlock.

 

PW to check with underwriter

8. Net Practice Pre-Season

a. Net practice at St Francis, Pewsey will commence from mid-Feb.

 

TG

10. AOB

a. Club Day early Jul & Barn Dance late Sep again.

b. Bruce Carter is getting married on 17 April!

 

 

BC